DLS represents a select group of men's and women’s specialty shops throughout the country. We are a full service buying office specializing in the presentation of better clothing, sportswear, and accessories.
Annual dues are based on store’s annual volume. They are billed and payable monthly (first three months payable in advance). Annual events are $100 for local and regional meetings. They are billed and payable annually, or upon membership.
There are different arrangements of fees depending on the service you require. The Buying Office fee is based on the stores annual retail volume and it is paid on a monthly basis. Or you may require an extensive consulting situation; this fee would be determined by the amount of hours spent. It is about strategizing a course of action for each store's needs.
A point of pride for us is that so many of our stores continue their relationship with DLS for decades without a contract! We have heard from many of our members that "the fee pays for itself by belonging to DLS because market knowledge and vendor incentives"!
SERVICES YOU RECEIVE:
- Market knowledge, new directions, new resources, and trends
- Several meetings throughout the year and in different markets, so you can pick the best place for you to travel for viewing the new season’s fashions – And introductions to new markets like Italy, via our close and strong relationship with the Italian Trade Commission
- Incentive pricing on many items and collections to help create longer margins
- Private label programs available to all members to create exclusivity and added profits
- Help to acquire inventory – New Purchases, Special Orders, & Fill-ins
- Marketing & Advertising information and successful store campaign exchanges
- All member can take advantage of doing the exclusive customized Magazine (there is a nominal charge for plate changes to copy for all participants)
- The DLS office is yours to use whenever you are visiting New York – Desk, computer, phone, fax, copy machine, etcetera. Make it your office away from home!!
- “Looking For” – When you need, members share merchandise needs with the group to help service a customer
Give us a try for 6 to 12 months, THERE IS NO CONTRACT!
DLS holds a series of meetings with the member stores that are scheduled around the major markets. During these
meetings, which are a forum for an exchange of ideas from all attending, we discuss key items and key collections,
colors, presentations, displays, marketing ideas, private label items, incentives, and special programs with
manufacturers for the DLS Group.
- Italy at the Pitti Uomo Show for Men and Women
- New York Men’s Shows include the MRKET Show a the sophisticated fashion event for discerning menswear brands, Project
(the premier contemporary fashion), The Tents (high-end contemporary marketplace), The Liberty Fair (Forward Thinking
Brands), and Capsule (A showcase of Independent Brands)
- Chicago at the Men’s Chicago Collective in the Chicago Mart
- Charlotte at the Embassy Suites for the Men's regional market
- Las Vegas Men’s Shows include Project (the premier contemporary fashion), FN Platform (Shoes), The Tents (high-end
contemporary marketplace), The Collective (Classic collections to lifestyle-driven and licensed apparel for men and young
men), The Liberty Fair (Forward Thinking Brands), and Capsule (A showcase of Independent Brands)
- DLS hosts several formal meetings throughout the year during major market times across the United States.